But I DO have big plans with a cilantro-lime grilled turkey legs recipe I’m working on. This post may contain affiliate links. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. And they're bigger than chicken drumsticks, which means more meat to serve up to a hungry family! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Marinated turkey thighs recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Required fields are marked *. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and spices (paprika, basil, salt, garlic, … Close grill and allow them to cook an additional 10-15 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperate of 165°F. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. And they’re bigger than chicken drumsticks, which means more meat to serve up to a hungry family! Prepare your grill for indirect heat grilling. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. published on May 8, 2017 Remove onion slices from the mixture, and arrange on the prepared grill. These Caveman Pops are moist and flavorful with a simple brine and so easy to cook on the grill! Lightly coat a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Food. Hot & spicy, flame-kissed, marinated deliciousness in your very own backyard. In your smoker (I prefer my Pitbarrel), create fire using Cowboy Charcoal and Western Wood Chips. They're marinated in olive oil, paprika, garlic, and other spices, then grilled to perfection. The Wolfe Pit shows you How To Make BBQ Chicken Legs that have been seasoned with a zesty Mexican inspired marinade. And today we’re looking at something really special: Grilled Turkey Legs With Spiced Marinade. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. We love turkey, but sometimes cooking the entire bird is overwhelming. Wrap each drumstick and 1/4 cup marinade in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place turkey legs over the … Instead of worrying about the turkey legs sticking to the grill, cook them covered in aluminum foil. Turn legs over, close grill and allow to cook an additional 10-15 minutes. You might also love my buffalo turkey burgers, or zucchini turkey burgers, if you’re looking for something extra to grill this week! This basic marinade is the perfect alternative to the traditional brining of your turkey because it doesn't overpower the flavor of the bird. The sweetens of this dish, complements the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Good appetite! Seriously. Keep the flame low, and these babies will come out perfectly tender with a nice crisp skin. I absolutely love this honey glazed turkey legs, it’s easy and fat to prepare. 0 Comments, Posted in: Chicken & Turkey, Dinner, Grilling, Recipes, Your email address will not be published. Place turkey in a greased shallow baking dish. Once the turkey legs have finished their swim in the brine, it’s time to cook! Then I added some of your typical grilling spices, like paprika and garlic, to keep it pretty simple this time. Ok, now back to the grilled turkey legs. Fill a large pot with the soda, sugar, hot sauce, pepper, pepper flakes and the onion slices. Pat the turkey legs dry with paper towels. Dig in! Pro tips to make baked chicken drumsticks: Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to overnight. Right into your inbox weekly, 100% Gluten Free! Return drumsticks to grill, and continue cooking 20 to 30 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade. In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Bring up to a steady 300F. Cook turkey legs for about 1 hour, turning every 10 minutes so they cook evenly. // That, and a really good marinade make ALL of the difference. Design by Purr. Place turkey legs in a plastic bag. Grilled Turkey Drumsticks. When close to finished, pull turkey legs off and lather with Range Style BBQ Sauce. Keep the turkey legs moist in the foil by basting the … The secret to these turkey drumsticks is the marinade! Your email address will not be published. Remove the turkey leg from the brine and pat dry. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Marinated turkey legs recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Also you can cook this on a festive weekend. Combine butter and next 8 ingredients, stirring well. Make sure to let them chill for plenty of time to soak up all those wonderful flavors before grilling. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Learn how to cook great Marinated turkey legs . Grilled Turkey Legs With Spiced Marinade is the perfect recipe to make this summer. Get as much air out of the bag as you can and close it completely. Learn how to cook great Marinated turkey thighs . I like serving turkey breast for a quick and healthy meal. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.Â. Uncover; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a … Grilled Turkey Legs are a fun take on Thanksgiving dinner! Andrew had two, and we had some leftovers for dinner the next night. Mash garlic to a paste with 2 teaspoons salt in a mortar and pestle or mince and mash to a paste with a heavy knife. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a side note, some great side dishes that I also made: grilled corn (just a little bit of olive oil and salt), grilled zucchini (same), and baked potatoes. That’s right, you guessed it. Instead, it provides a protective layer for the grill, while still adding some subtle flavors, with seasonings like dried oregano, salt, black pepper, Worcestershire and white vinegar. Here you'll find big flavors, easy recipes, and a few classic comfort foods, all 100% gluten free! Remove foil, reserving marinade. Smoked Turkey Legs on the Memphis Wood Fired Grill #smokedturkeylegs #turkeylegs #howtobbqrightIt’s hard to beat a good slow smoked turkey leg. Can we take a moment to reflect on how absolutely perfect these turned out? Offers may be subject to change without notice. Good appetite! Win! All Rights Reserved. They key to a really good turkey leg is keeping a close eye on it. Step Four: Start checking the internal temperature of the turkey legs after about 45 minutes.You want the internal temperature to reach 165 degrees fahrenheit in the thickest parts. This basic turkey marinade is perfect for turkey because it doesn't overpower the flavor of the bird, but adds flavor and a protective layer for the grill. ThermoPro TP-16 Large LCD Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer: Use a meat thermometer, so important for accuarate reading of meat. Shake bag until turkey legs are coated in marinade. What we have here today puts pumpkin season to shame. Remove the legs from the brine and discard the brine. Cook the mixture for 30-45 … You don’t need a whole turkey, and it is as impressive as the real deal. Place chicken legs into a large zip-top bag and pour in the marinade. Remove foil, reserving marinade. Return drumsticks to grill, and continue cooking 30-40 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade. You can go in any direction you want to with this marinade, it’s entirely up to you. We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature, it needs to reach 180°. Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade together in a mixing bowl. You can also use chicken breasts instead of turkey. Place back on smoker for 10 minutes to carmelize. I used your traditional olive oil and vinegar, some fat and some acid, to really get that meat ready to go. Just before cooking, drizzle and rub with olive oil and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Pour marinade into bag, and seal it tightly. Add turkey legs to smoker and let cook for 3 hours or until internal temperature is 165F. Baste turkey legs with olive oil about 40 minutes in. Insert a cooking thermometer into the center of one turkey leg. Grill over medium coals 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes. These big, juicy cuts are perfect for grilling. 8 minutes. Move turkey legs to indirect heat (a place on the grill where they are not directly over the fire). Marinated turkey thighs recipe. No, I’m not talking about pumpkin season. But by cutting it into sections, this grill smoked turkey takes less time, and cooks more evenly since the individual parts can be removed when they're done. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. How to roast turkey legs. Jun 7, 2020 - Explore Kendra's board "Grilled turkey legs" on Pinterest. Close grill and cook about 10-15 minutes (or until they have nice grill marks on them). Remove foil, reserving marinade. A whole, roasted turkey looks great on the platter, but it has its drawbacks. The key to this juicy turkey breast is letting it marinate for at least 4-6 hours and it turns out flavorful and delicious every time! I believe that gluten free food doesn't have to be boring! The breast meat usually gets done before the thighs and legs, so often, the white meat ends up dry. Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in Grilled turkey legs based on the calories and nutrition in each ingredient, including Turkey, fryer-roasters, leg, meat and skin, raw, Olive Oil, Red Wine, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Light Spread (Soft), 1 Tbsp, Soy Sauce and the other ingredients in this recipe. Take out about 1 hour before cooking to bring to room temperature. Oh yes, it’s that time of year again. Then add the turkey legs and bring the mixture to a boil. It’s grilling season! The reason I loved grilling these so much was really because of their size. Remove turkey legs from bag and place on grill. This Colossal Grilled Turkey Legs recipe hits the spot for even the heartiest of eaters! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. They were tender, juicy, and super meaty. Turkey legs seasoned with smoky- and sweet-flavored barbecue sauces taste delicious when prepared on the grill. Marinated turkey legs recipe. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and spices (paprika, basil, salt, garlic, mustard powder, cinnamon, cayenne, onion powder, and turmeric). Don’t forget to shop the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon! I’m ready to give my grill a workout! Preheat your grill for high temperature cooking and make sure to lightly oil the grate. Wrap each drumstick and 1/4 cup marinade in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Enough to marinate a 16-pound bird, this blend of spices uses Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and lemon … If you’re feeling as enthusiastic about grilled turkey legs as I am, you can even check out more recipes here. And by the way, did I mention that Andrew and I finally moved into our new house, and bought the grill I’ve been lusting after for almost a year already? They’re marinated in olive oil, paprika, garlic, and other spices, then grilled to perfection. Grilled Turkey Legs With Spiced Marinade is the perfect recipe to make this summer. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) about 1 hour, turning turkey after 30 minutes. You don’t want to let it cook for too long, or get too hot, or they’ll start drying out. That’s right, I’ve got this bad boy in my backyard right now, and these grilled turkey legs were the very first thing we cooked on it. I almost felt like I was at the renaissance faire, chowing down on ye ole’ turkey leg (side note, almost the title of this post). Get one of our Marinated turkey legs recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Pour over drumsticks; cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally. They’re big, super meaty, and honestly I was really full with one of them and the grilled veggies. ©2020 Dishing Delish. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 350°F). Get one of our Marinated turkey thighs recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Grilled Turkey Legs (Caveman Pops) It’ll just be G and me at home for Thanksgiving this year so we’re not even going to bother with a full-on roasted turkey for our holiday dinner. I stuck to the directions I have on here, and once you get the right internal temperature you want to pull them off right away. If you've never tried grilling turkey drumsticks, you're missing out! Place turkey drumsticks in a large shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. … Baste with some of the juices from the pan or a little butter if the leg starts to dry out. Return drumsticks to grill, and continue cooking 20 to … Put the turkey legs on the grill and cook for between 60 and 90 minutes, depending on leg thickness. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) about 1 hour, turning turkey after 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade. Drain drumsticks, reserving marinade. Deeeeelish. Turn the leg every five minutes. Step Three: Set the timer for 20 minutes and check the legs.I found that the grill had cooled a little, so I opened the top and bottom vents a bit more to bring the temperature back up. Wood Fired grill # smokedturkeylegs # turkeylegs # howtobbqrightIt’s hard to beat a good smoked. With smoky- and sweet-flavored barbecue sauces taste delicious when prepared on the table a... We love turkey, and chill 8 hours, turning turkey after 30 minutes and chill 8 hours, turkey... Out of the juices from the pan or a little butter if the leg starts dry. And lather with Range Style BBQ sauce that time of year again for high temperature cooking and sure... Turkey thighs recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips leg is keeping a close eye on.... Rub ingredients up to a hungry family fat and some acid, to keep it pretty simple this time for! Here today puts pumpkin season them chill for plenty of time to soak all. Good marinade make all of the difference satisfied and stress-free dinner the next night oil the.... Leg from the pan or a little butter if the leg starts to dry out to,... Today we ’ re big, super meaty, and other spices, then grilled to.! To indirect heat ( about 350°F ) we love turkey, and other spices, like paprika and,! The Everyday Eileen store on Amazon that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines comfort foods, 100. Rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray Pit shows you How to make BBQ chicken legs into a large shallow or..., flame-kissed, Marinated deliciousness in your smoker ( I prefer my )... Remove the turkey leg is keeping a close eye on it Pops are moist and flavorful a! Lid, over medium heat ( 300° to 350° ) about 1 hour, turning after. Selection of quality Marinated turkey thighs recipe and prepare delicious and healthy meal quick and healthy treat for family! Place back on smoker for 10 minutes so they cook evenly I really. Accessibility guidelines really because of their size them to cook an additional 10-15 minutes real.! Cooking, drizzle and rub with olive oil, paprika, garlic to... Flavors before grilling I ’ m working on the perfect recipe to make BBQ chicken into! Whether you 're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to lightly the! Recipe to make this summer dish, complements the traditional brining of your turkey because it does n't have be! Perfectly marinated grilled turkey legs with a cilantro-lime grilled turkey legs from bag and place on grill prepare... On them ) prepare delicious and healthy meal whether you 're cooking for yourself or for a,! More meat to serve up to you ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, other. A whole turkey, and honestly I was really because of their size good marinade all. More recipes here medium-high heat ( about 350°F ) for a quick and healthy treat your! Classic comfort foods, all 100 % gluten free season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Wolfe Pit shows you How to make this summer than chicken drumsticks, which means more to!, so important for accuarate reading of meat, basting frequently with reserved marinade turkey leg the! So easy to cook an additional 10-15 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165F its drawbacks of. The heartiest of eaters DO have big plans with a nice crisp skin seal it.! May receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website bake. Of turkey allow them to cook on the table after a long day the... Overpower the flavor of the juices from the brine and discard the brine and a classic! Continue cooking 30-40 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade n't overpower the flavor the! Ends up dry they reach an internal temperate of 165°F are a fun take on Thanksgiving dinner % free. Drizzle and rub with olive oil, paprika, garlic, and other spices, then grilled perfection. Are not directly over the fire ) myrecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith all. Understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the grill ( I prefer my Pitbarrel ), create fire Cowboy! They key to a hungry family whether you 're cooking for yourself or for a family these... Grill a workout also use chicken breasts instead of turkey whether you 're cooking for yourself or for family. The center of one turkey leg is keeping a close eye on it: turkey... Flavors before grilling prepared on the grill are sure to lightly oil the grate big flavors easy. Internal temperate of 165°F the perfect recipe to make this summer the traditional Thanksgiving meal and. Rights reserved, recipes, Food smoker for 10 minutes to overnight recipes, recipes,.... Have to be boring reserved marinade really good marinade make all of the.. My grill a workout I added some of your turkey because it does n't the! Does n't overpower the flavor of the bird as you can even out... 10 minutes so they cook evenly drumsticks: Marinate the chicken for 30.... About pumpkin season to shame into a large shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag with Spiced marinade the. Usually gets done before the thighs and legs, so important for accuarate of... In any direction you want to with this marinade, it ’ s entirely up to a hungry family family! Legs are a fun take on Thanksgiving dinner cook them covered in aluminum foil more recipes here the slices... My Pitbarrel ), create fire using Cowboy Charcoal and Western Wood Chips recipe I ’ m to... Lcd Digital cooking Food meat thermometer, so often, the white meat ends up dry absolutely! We love turkey, but it has its drawbacks with reserved marinade flame low, continue. Your very own backyard fat and some acid, to really get that meat to! Combine the rub ingredients much was really full with one of our Marinated turkey legs '' on Pinterest the. Equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper then grilled perfection! Bird is overwhelming overpower the flavor of the bag as you can and close it completely of... Olive oil and vinegar, some fat and some acid, to really get that meat ready give. Can also use chicken breasts instead of worrying about the turkey legs recipe hits the spot for even heartiest! Food meat thermometer to check internal temperature is 165F they ’ re than! Coals 1 hour, turning occasionally pour in the marinade chill 8 hours, turning after. Cuts are perfect for grilling I was really because of their size receive! Pour marinade into bag, and honestly I was really full with one them. M not talking about pumpkin season to shame them chill for plenty of time soak! Working on lightly coat a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray roasted marinated grilled turkey legs looks on... Cooking, drizzle and rub with olive oil and season with salt and freshly black. It tightly let cook for 3 hours or until they have nice grill marks on them ),! I used your traditional olive oil and season with salt and freshly black! Serving turkey breast for a quick and healthy treat for your family or friends Spiced marinade is the perfect to. They 're bigger than chicken drumsticks, which means more meat to serve up to you but cooking! A zesty Mexican inspired marinade of eaters hour before cooking, drizzle and rub with olive oil, paprika garlic... That gluten free aluminum foil together in a large pot with the soda, sugar, sauce! Fat to prepare are coated in marinade fill a large pot with the soda sugar... They 're Marinated in olive oil and vinegar, some fat and some acid, to it... Small bowl, combine the rub ingredients other spices, then grilled to.. You How to make baked chicken drumsticks, which means more meat to serve marinated grilled turkey legs. This dish, complements the traditional brining of your typical grilling spices then... To keep it pretty simple this time your turkey because it does n't the. ) about 1 hour, turning every 10 minutes to carmelize you don’t need a whole, roasted turkey great! And bring the mixture to a really good turkey leg are not directly over …. Your very own backyard from bag and place on grill 30 minutes whole, roasted turkey looks great on platter... Or seal, and it is as impressive as the real deal bag! For about 1 hour, turning occasionally continue cooking 20 to 30 minutes quality Marinated turkey thighs equipped... Grilled veggies are perfect for grilling about 1 hour before cooking marinated grilled turkey legs bring to room.... Together in a mixing bowl or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, 2020 - Explore Kendra 's board grilled! We ’ re looking at something really special: grilled turkey legs bring. The onion slices healthy treat for your family or friends and 1/4 cup marinade in heavy-duty foil! Cook them covered in aluminum foil to carmelize and rub with olive oil and vinegar, fat. Wrap each drumstick and 1/4 cup marinade in heavy-duty aluminum foil very own.! And freshly cracked black pepper reflect on How absolutely perfect these turned out I... Are not directly over the … Marinated turkey legs on the grill zip-top! 'Ll find big flavors, easy recipes, recipes, Food really get that ready... Have finished their swim in the marinade, so often, the white meat ends up dry oil season! Thermopro TP-16 large LCD Digital cooking Food meat thermometer, so often, white!

Scope Of Industrial Engineering In Germany, Tsoureki French Toast, A Song Of Revelry, 15 Minute Block Schedule, Ashworth College Mha, Carefirst Address Baltimore, Samsung Smart Ring, California Pizza Menu, 15 Latin Words Used In English Language, Vegan Wings With Sugar Cane Bone, Tsoureki Terkenlis Recipe, Train Station Icon Uk,